By: Mike Cordeiro, AyA Kitchens
Bake, laugh, love; there is something cozy and comforting about baking your favourite treats this time of year. A well organized and functional AyA kitchen helps make the job easier and more enjoyable. AyA’s selection of drawer organizers, spice pull outs, chef pantries, magic corners and cutlery inserts are the perfect choice for any aspiring baker in your home. Contact us today to find out how we can help you design your own baker’s paradise and get the sweet smells of baked goods drifting though your home.
[ See AyA's Accessory Cataloque ]
The leaves have fallen and we crave warm comfort food. This easy to make PUMPKIN SPICE SCONES RECIPE by our very own Heather Raininger is like a soft warm blanket on a chilly evening for your mouth. They are light, full of fall flavours and not too sweet but they will definitely have you going for seconds. See the full recipe below!
2 cups Flour
1/2 Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
3 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice mix OR
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground clove
pinch of salt
1/3 (Solid) Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 Cup full-fat coconut milk
1 large egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Powdered Confectioners sugar
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (or Vanilla Bean paste)
3 Tbsp of the Vanilla Icing
1/4 tsp Ground Tumeric
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees & line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients for Scones. Mix until combined.
3) Add Solid Coconut oil, and with pastry blender, work the coconut oil into the flour until the mixture becomes a coarse crumb like texture
4) In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients, and whisk together
5) Pour wet ingredients into dry, and combine until it starts coming together - do not over mix. Turn the mixture onto a clean surface sprinkled with flour. Finish mixing, and shape the dough into approximately a 7" x 7" square. (The dough will be a bit wet still, add a little bit more flour if it is still sticky)
6) Transfer to the baking sheet and score dough into 8 pieces
7) Bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and lightly brown on top.
8) Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the Glaze & Icing:
1) In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Use only as much water as you need to create a thick but spreadable glaze.
2) Set approximately 3 tbsps of glaze aside
3) Once scones are completely cooled, generously spread glaze on top. (It will seem messy at first, but give it a few seconds, it will even out)
4) Now for the cinnamon icing; add the Cinnamon and Tumeric to the glaze you had set aside. Transfer to a plastic baggie and squeeze all the icing to one corner. Snip a tiny hole in the corner, and squeeze the icing on top of the scone.
Serve and enjoy!
Our Mississauga, Castlefield and other select showrooms are now open by appointment only. Our designers are also available to work with you designing your dream kitchen via video chat. Contact your nearest location for consultation details and showroom visit appointments. Let's start designing your dream kitchen with all the functionality you need today!BOOK A CONSULTATION